Irreverent Mama

Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm doing it again!


What is 'it'? National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo). In the thirty short days of November, participants aim to churn out 50,000 words - roughly 175 pages of text.

Evidently, quantity is the goal. Quality? Quality can come three months later with NaNoEdMo (National Novel Editing Month). For now, the focus is word, word, word count! Tap those fingers to the bone.

And yes, last year I did it. With 18 hours to spare and a day or two off along the way! I'm a little less confident this year, truth to tell - there's more in my life this go-round, but I'm hoping that at very least I can finish the one I started in 2005!


(If you're curious, the graphic is a link to the NaNo website. Go check it out and join me for a month of frantic plotting.)

4 Comments:

  • Whoa! No thanks, I don't think I know that many words.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 p.m.  

  • I used to believe I could never write more than short pieces but since starting Past Imperfect in January I have clocked up many thousands - most of them on the same theme.

    By Blogger Pat, at 2:27 p.m.  

  • How's it going?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 p.m.  

  • hi.
    i miss you.
    that's all i wanted to say.

    oh, and hope that novel's coming along nicely.

    By Blogger Girlplustwo, at 12:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home