Irreverent Mama

Thursday, October 05, 2006

A party a couple of weeks ago. Nothing fancy, a bunch of people milling about and talking, enough liquor to keep the conversation flowing, enough food to keep the stomachs settled.

My friend Sophie hands me some brie on a cracker. "Smell this," she says, "and tell me what it reminds you of."

I take a sniff. It does remind me of something, but what? So familiar, and yet... Maybe some people are better at this, but I've always been awful at identifying odours. But I know I know what that smell is.

And then she told me - and my lord, she's right! That's just what it smells like!

Over to you, irregular readers. What does brie smell like?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • ugh. i can't believe i am actually going to write this, but, well, spunk.

    By Blogger Girlplustwo, at 10:23 a.m.  

  • Don't leave it at that! Is Jen right? I haven't any in the house right now so I can't check, but I need to know.

    Is that why my husband doesn't like Brie and I do?

    By Blogger Z, at 3:25 p.m.  

  • How dare you take away one of my food groups! It smells like man crotch of course....

    By Blogger crazymumma, at 8:47 p.m.  

  • Jen - oh, you're way better at this than I am! Yes, indeed. Spunk, aka semen. (Why the hesitation? You don't strike me as the coy and retiring type...)

    Z - Oh, I'm sure you have some in the house, oh, or perhaps your husband's not at home? Oh, you mean the brie. Yes, Jen is right. It's best sniffed when at room temp - but of course!

    Crazymumma - well, not the crotch so much as the contents thereof, but, yeah.

    By Blogger irreverentmama, at 8:12 a.m.  

  • I can't believe I'm going to say this...but the taste of sake reminds me of the same thing...

    By Blogger Carolie, at 10:34 a.m.  

  • But I don't like sake! And I quite like the sme-- oh, the taste. Well, the taste can be a problem, that's for sure. Heh.

    By Blogger irreverentmama, at 6:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home