Irreverent Mama

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Crazymumma, the trusting soul, tagged me for a meme. Little did she know that she gave a TV meme to a woman who never watches television. No, I have no moral superiority about this; I don't not watch because I think it's an evil, brain-sucking machine. I just... don't watch. I used to (back when Magnum PI was in its very first reruns.) Now I don't. Not sure why.

Which makes be basically useless as far as this meme goes, but it's the first time anyone's asked, and I hate to disappoint! Sooo...

So I decided to consult with my kids. Lord knows Bekah spends enough time in front of it; she should have some input! Or so I thought. Here we go. Five male and female favourites, as chosen by one of the more delightful 13-year-olds of my acquaintance.

Male:
1. House, from House
2. Chase, from House
3. Seth Cohen, from The OC
4. Chandler, from Friends
5. Luke, from Gilmore Girls

Female:
1. Lorelei, from Gilmore Girls
2. Susan, from Desperate Housewives
3. Marissa from The OC
.
.
.
.
3a. Uuhhhh.....
.
.
.
3b. I need to watch more TV. (Well, we could just stop here.)
.
.
3c. No, no! I will think of one! Muuuummmm!!! DON'T WRITE THIS DOWN! MUM!
4. Ava (Eva?) from Canadian Idol
4a. Oh, that's only four!
5. Stacey from What Not to Wear

Phew. Harder than we thought. Now, male leads as dictated by my seventeen-year-old son, Daniel, who watches about as much television as his mother. However, he does watch weird computer shows.

Male:
1. Invader Zim
2. Gir
3. Gaz
4. Bugs Bunny
5. Strongbad

Female:

"I dunno. That's all I can think of. Can I go back to my computer now?"

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Us older mums are such cute nerds.....Thanks for hanging in there.

    By Blogger crazymumma, at 10:52 p.m.  

  • You and I share Male #1. Rawrrrr.

    By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 11:32 a.m.  

  • Crazymumma: I am a nerd, and I am also - thank God! - too old to care about "cool" and "nerdy" any more. What a relief that is!

    Yonz: Well, actually, you share him with my 13-year-old daughter. Maybe I should check him out, just to see what all the, ah, excitement is about. :-)

    By Blogger irreverentmama, at 1:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home