Irreverent Mama

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

From Denguy.

Four Things Meme.

Four Jobs I've Had:
1. Checker on a highway construction site
2. Childbirth class instructor
3. Medical editor
4. Teacher

Four Movies I'd Watch over and over:
1. Sense and Sensibility (Oh, that Col. Brandon! Beats the snot out of brooding Mr. Darcy in the masculinity stakes.)

I loved The Shawshank Redemption, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Thelma and Louise, but they all had scenes in them that, terrific as the movies undeniably were, I could just not bear to watch over and over again.

2. OH! Late addition: Fiddler on the Roof.

Four TV shows I really like (reality version)
I hate reality TV. I watched one episode (two?) of the first Survivor, and broke out in hives. Ugh.

Four TV shows I really like (non-reality)
I don't watch TV much. This past year, I have watched...
1. 10 or so episodes of House. (Bekah is a HUGE fan.)
2. 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy. (Bekah is a consistent fan.)
and ... ummm ...
3. That's it.

But if I do like Denguy, and go back a ways to when I did watch regularly:
1. Seeing Things
2. Magnum, PI
3. M*A*S*H
4. Bill Nye the Science Guy (Okay, I watched with my kids, but I'd have watched even if they didn't want to!)

Four places I've gone on vacation:
1. England
2. Scotland
3. France
4. Nova Scotia

Four Favourite Foods
Ask me tomorrow, and you'll get a different set of four. The one constant? They'd probably all be spicey and/or have lots of cheese.

1. Thai coconut curries (wet)
2. Spinach paneer
3. Black beans and rice
4. Hot and sour soup

Four Websites I visit daily
1. Work it, Mom!
2. Woulda Coulda Shoulda
3. Greavsie
4. The Daily Dish

Four Places I would Rather Be
1. Tahiti
2. Tahiti
3. Tahiti
4. Tahiti
(Tahiti is my fantasy destination. Would the reality live up to the fantasy? Oh, likely not. But since the likelihood of my actually being able to compare fantasy to reality in this lifetime is pretty nearly nil, my illusions will almost certainly remain untainted by reality.)

Four bloggers I Tag:
Do I know four bloggers? Well, actually, I know lots more, in one incarnation or another. But tagging people makes me nervous, so you can tag yourselves. If anyone cares to do this, leave a link in the comment box.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • FIRST ! Welcome back. Curry merchant. We have a pub nearby that does authentic Thai food, but I tend to avoid the hot stuff!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:33 p.m.  

  • M*A*S*H -- how could I forget that one?

    Nice list.
    Checker on a highway construction site? What's that?

    By Blogger 11111111, at 4:02 p.m.  

  • John - Told you I'd be back! :-)

    Denguy - M*A*S*H. Yes. I'm getting the first and last seasons on DVD this year for Christmas. (How do I know? I bought them for myself...)

    A checker has a big pile of chits, each about the size of a file card, on which she indicates a)where each load of gravel was dumped according to the surveyor's marks, and b)what grade of gravel it was, A through D, then signs it. Many, many, many chits.

    Boring, boring job, but it paid well for a summer job - and I got a great tan! (Back in the days, you understand, when this was a GOOD thing.)

    By Blogger irreverentmama, at 4:39 p.m.  

  • Oh heavens....did you steal my mind? Your list is so close to what mine would be it's uncanny.

    So, if we ever meet we'll have a movie fest accompanied by hot spicy grub!

    By Blogger y.Wendy.y, at 4:24 a.m.  

  • Tahiti is great, and so worth visiting. Fiji is good too, but only if you get up to the not so visited north islands.

    By Blogger The Boy, at 6:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home