Irreverent Mama

Monday, May 22, 2006

"We've got a new rat at mom's house, eh?" My Big Stepson (18 next month) informs me.

"Yes, Small Stepson (almost 11) was telling me he got a new one. Is it male or female?"

"Girl this time."

"Oh, good, because male rats just gross me out, you know? I was always nice about Small's boy rat, but, urgh."

Big Stepson grins down at me. (Six foot and some, two hundred pounds and some, a football player - he's a big boy. A big, smart, and charming bo - young man.) "It'd be their..." He raises an eyebrow. Grins some more.

"Testicles. Yup. They're huge! I mean, sometimes those things drag on the ground behind them! It's revolting."

"You know what the guy at the pet store told us?"

My look is anticipatory.

"He said that rats are most likely to die of cancer -"

"I know that. Our last rat died of cancer."

"Or their scrotum explodes."

"WHAT?!?"

"Yeah. Apparently, their testicles never stop growing, and one day, BOOM."

"Geez. I guess I'm glad ours got cancer."

"I think you should be."

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Ew. EW. EEEEWWWW.

    That's it. No pets here. Ever.

    By Blogger Susan, at 7:53 p.m.  

  • Was he kidding you? I think he was kidding you. Damn funny, though.

    By Blogger kittenpie, at 8:03 p.m.  

  • Susan - well, no exploding rats, at any rate.

    My kids want a dog. I tell them a) they have one at their dad's place, and b) there is quite enough livestock in this place already, what with the kids, the stepkids, and the bird, the hamster, the guineap pig and the cat. It's enough!

    Kittenpie - He wasn't kidding. He believes this. I don't, but he does.

    By Blogger irreverentmama, at 7:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home