Irreverent Mama

Monday, April 16, 2007

There is a curtain in my mind. It didn't used to be there. For years, I was curtain-free, but of latter years, the curtain has become more and more an unwelcome reality in my life.

When the curtain is lowered, all experience is muted; I trudge through a viscous slough all day long. Activities as simple as making a soup-and-sandwich meal are arduous

Other days, miraculously, it lifts, and I have energy, enthusiasm. Tasks are easy. Laughter comes readily. I flow through my day on a wave of eager expectation.

When the curtain is lowered, I often don't notice initially. Some days, I don't really notice until it lifts, and I feel the difference between the effort everything took the day before. A matter of hours can clear the fog. It's quite striking.

It's largely hormonal. A quick glance at the calendar suffices to explain most of the murkiness.

Any wonder I'm looking forward to menopause?

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • You know, I have a similar experience. Some days I can get laundry, meals, dishes, and floors completed, but other days it's a task just to get my daughter to school and back.

    By Blogger 11111111, at 1:13 p.m.  

  • It's strange, but i have terrible trouble with my curtains. Being a cripple doesn't help! LOL.
    Chin up, as we Brits say.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:05 p.m.  

  • I've started doing T-Tapp for exercise, and it seems that my curtain lowers much less frequently. Supposedly, something about many of the motions helps to balance out hormonal issues. Heck, I'm charting, and my temperatures are downright normal, where they used to be jumpy and low.

    Since I'm slowly, slowly weaning myself off Effexor, I'm really hoping that the curtain remains lifted, or if it falls, it's a nice embroidered sheer.

    By Blogger meanderwithme, at 2:07 p.m.  

  • I hear ya...
    Ohhh hoe I hear ya...

    By Blogger Pendullum, at 3:10 p.m.  

  • I am on an anti-depressant (Seropram) and have been for a year..and that curtain is a permanent feature of my life. I wade through mud every day. It sucks.

    By Blogger y.Wendy.y, at 7:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home