Irreverent Mama

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

to my husband,

who lets me parent my kids my way;
who fought for two long and bitter years to be allowed time with his children;
who has loved mine for as long as he's known them;
who does the grocery shopping every week and writes menu lists so no one ever has to wonder "what's for supper?";
who brings me a chiller* every Friday;
who is an animal-soother extraordinaire;
who leaves the seat DOWN (wish you could teach your sons that trick);
who doesn't make fun of me for my quirkier quirks, though he might tease just a little;
who loves and respects me like no other --

Happy Father's Day!

I love you.



*Found at Second Cup: espresso, milk, and sugar: caffeine for hot and sultry summer days!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • What a guy!

    (And seat down and LID down are THE RULES in this house.)

    By Blogger c, at 3:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home