Irreverent Mama

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

News of Note: As of October 26, it will be illegal to use hand-held cell phones while driving in Ontario. A wise law. There will be a three-month weaning-in period, in which offenders will simply be informed of the law, and beginning Feb.1, they will be fined. A generous concession.

The same law will also make it illegal to text while driving.

Excuse me while I collect myself. And my jaw from the floor.

Text?

While driving?

While I suppose I am grateful for such a law, I am astounded that it could possibly necessary. While yet astounded, I ruefully concede that it is very likely necessary. I sigh for humanity.

So, Driving Texters, be forewarned: You have until Feb.1 to break yourself of your ludicrous habit.

And while we're at it, driving texters? Because it seems we can't take any degree of sense for granted... It's also a Very Bad Idea to drive blindfolded. Write that down. Just not while you're driving, please.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I'm going to be completely honest and admit to texting while driving on occasion. But, because I know where all the letters are I don't even have to look at the phone to send the message. Yes, probably not the best idea, but still.

    And, can I point out that my cousin LIED to me when I was in Newmarket this summer. They said it was illegal to talk on the phone while driving. Apparently is wasn't yet.

    By Blogger -A, at 1:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home