Irreverent Mama

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Six things about me. Meme from John.

1. I have claustrophobia. I have trained myself so that I can manage elevators, if the trip's not too long, and I can manage the toilets on trains and planes, but caves? Can't manage 'em for love nor money. (I've tried both: a bit of naughtiness completely scuppered by a panic attack; and if even that can't get me in there, bribery can't even begin to be effective.)

2. I used to play the piano with reasonable competance. I loved Chopin's waltzes in my teens, but now find them a bit lush and overblown. Bach's preludes and fugues were my adult favourites, but, sadly, life encroached and it's been years since I've played properly.

3. Every morning, I sit in front of a SAD light for 45 minutes. It keeps me from plunging the depths in the winter. I loathe winter. Loathe it. Unfortunate, that, given where I live.

4. I used to scoff at the idea of a soulmate. If such a thing existed, most of us managed just fine without one, but I had serious reservations as to the existance of such a thing. That was my stance on the matter for years. Until I met mine.

5. Although I've been happily monogamous for some years now, I am generally ambivalent about the practicality of monogamy. I certainly don't think it's neccesary or essential.

6. I am left-handed.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Nice one! I have become claustrophobic since my prang!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:36 p.m.  

  • Hiya! I was walking back from the shops and your blog suddenly popped into my head and I realised I havdnt checked it in ages! I'm left handed too and my first name was supposed to be Emma (chosen by my mum) but she sent my dad to register me and he chose Jenny...they've been divorced over 25 years now, that might have started it...! x

    By Blogger jenny, at 6:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home